Moo Ping: หมูปิ้ง (Thai street food BBQ pork on skewers)
1 Kg Pork shoulder, sliced
25g Coriander roots
1 Whole garlic, peeled
2 tsp Whole black pepper
1 Egg yolk
1 tbsp Corn starch
1.5 cup Coconut milk (Save 1/2 cup for brushing)
8 tbsp Light soy sauce
6 tbsp Golden mountain soy sauce (Ordinary soy sauce if you can't get it)
120 g Coconut sugar, shaved
3 tsp Dark soy sauce
5 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp Salt
Bamboo skewers, as required.
1. Cut the pork into strips approximately 4x12cm. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Put coriander roots, garlic and pepper corn into a mortar and pestle then pound into a fine paste.
3. Place the paste into the bowl, add the remaining ingredients and marinade the pork for at least 2-3 hours, or preferably overnight.
4. Soak skewers with water to prevent them burning during cooking.
5. Thread the pork onto the skewers and grill to your liking. Brush occasionally with coconut milk while grilling.