Salted Caramel Brownies
Ingredients- 200 g unsalted butter, cubed.
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 300 g brown sugar
- 100 g all purpose plain flour
-45 g Dutch cocoa powder
- Salted caramel (store bought or home made)
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line baking tray ( 28 x 17 cm) with baking paper.
3. Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally to ensure the chocolate doesn't bun on the bottom.
4. Break eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
5. When the chocolate mixture is cool, pour it into the egg mixture. Then fold them together until combined.
6. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir to combine.
7. Pour half of the brownie mixture into the baking tray and spoon heaped table spoons of the salted caramel mixture over the top and bake fore 30-35 minutes or until cooked. You should be able to stick a sharp knife in it and the knife should come out just about clean. Do not overcook!
8. Once cooked, remove the brownies from the oven and leave to cool before cutting.